After reading all the blogs written by other polers all over the world connected by Pole Dancing Bloggers Association, I’ve decided to contribute my two cents worth on September’s Blog Hop – Beauty, Body and Wellness.
Let’s just go straight to the point on my must-haves as a new poler- inside out. Let’s start from the inside!
1) I dare say menstration is a hassle to all women out there. We have to deal with PMS, pimple break outs, grandma panties. We have to make sure we do not stain our clothes, rush to the toilet as and when to make sure as well. So how do I manage to pole during those bloody days? During not-so-heavy-flow days, and with no back to back classes, tampon’s my choice. However, during heavy flow days, or with back to back classes, i will prefer pads and my grandma panties – it gives me a sense of security.
2) I was wakeboarding every week before I started dance. So brazilian waxing and IPL is not a stranger to me. I have been doing IPL since 5 years ago, and I swore by it. I need not worry about things sprouting out when I’m wearing my bikini or pole shorts, and I can comfortably do my tricks and imperfect splits. 🙂 Also, with our “oohh-hoos” in contact with the pole everytime we dance, we would want to be considerate and keep it clean too, right?
3) Enough about that, now let’s go on to hands and legs. As hair = NOT SEXY, I shave my legs once a week. For underarms, I signed up a package for IPL underarm as well.
I’m sure everyone agrees with me when I say pole makes our hands rough, and to make matters worse, moisturizers are not our good friend. I try not to apply hand lotion if I have pole the next day, especially when I have sweaty palms.
In days when I have no pole the next day, I try to apply hand lotion at least twice a day. Just have to TRY to keep our hands smooth for my love to hold my hands. Haha! Also, with such a cute hand lotion, how not to apply it when I can?
4) Not wanting my classmates to smell anything weird when I do my head rolls or head flicks, and due to personal hygiene, I wash and condition my hair everyday. Due to constant coloring of hair, I have to apply serum to my hair everyday before I blow dry.
This is currently the serum that I’m using. Bought this from my stylist. I just love the coconut smell in my hair, and it lasts through the day!
5) To prevent myself from slipping down the pole, I apply shaving gel on my skin during lessons. It works great on me! I can stick to the pole like a lizard! I choose this shaving gel coz firstly, it’s for women, and secondly it smells great! It was after I bought it that one of my pole mates told me shaving gel actually sticks better than shaving cream. So yay me!
Also, I have wet tissue wipes in my bag to wipe my feet and my heels after class. 🙂
6) Now, what if I’m going out after my sweaty pole work out? I would not want my friends or whoever I’m going out with to shun away from me.
I bought this in Taiwan and was introduced by my friend. This spray is FABULOUS! It gets rid of practically all kinds of smell on your fabric! When I first tried it, I sprayed it on my after clubbbing clothes when I was in Taiwan and all the strong cigarette smell was GONE! I tried it on my work clothes after work from food court and the food smell was gone as well. I ended up stocking up 10 bottles of them and I will buy at least 5 bottles everytime I go Taiwan on business trip. I swore by this product and I spray on my clothes after my workout if I’m going out after that.
This anti-perspirant apparently lasts for 24 hours. It leaves a cold chilly sensation in the underarm area when you spray it. I bought the lemongrass flavor simply coz I love the smell. 🙂
So, these are my must-haves when I go for my pole lessons 🙂
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…